Monday, September 22, 2008

My New Hobby.....

my little 10 gallon Nano Saltwater tank... I LOVE it ~~
after starting the tank.. I had to let it run for about 4 weeks so it could go through a "cycle", well last week I took some water in to the fish store and had them test it to see if I could add living things to the tank.. it was good ! yay !! So I bought 2 snails, 2 teeny hermit crabs (all tank cleaners) , a feather duster , and 1 lawnmower blenny (fish). Once they are in the tank about a week, I should be able to add a couple of tiny fish and some coral and then the tank will be complete. It is a excitting hobby.. but I am glad I dont have a big tank.. b/c I could get carried away really easy and it isnt cheap !! I will post pics as I add to the tank ! :)

the tube on the left is a Hawaiian "Feather Duster" just inside his tube and the fish on the red coral is a "Lawnmower Blenny" , that little guy has quite the personality !!


Feather Duster... if you get too close to the tank or touch him in any way he sucks up in his toob in about 1 millisecond !! funny .. but true ! p.s .... I call him "toobs" and Payton calls him "toobster"

here is a close up of the "toobster"



profile of the Lawnmower Blenny.. we call "Blenny".. I love his little eyebrows.. they are so cute !!

No comments: